Follow by Email

Saturday, 31 May 2014

One & The Same


Here I am again!

Still stuck at my little desk (see previous post), trying to make this afternoon as productive as possible by updating my baby blog.
I am actually very happy having enough time to do this properly, something I haven't done in way too long.

That's what I've learnt during the past few months: life has phases.
You might be doing something all the time for a certain amount of weeks, months, maybe even years, that thing might be what pulls you through the days and stress your routine but then, all of a sudden, something else might become more important and you may start doing something completely different.

We are not only talking about a change of project, job, task…
We are talking about serious life changes.
It's crazy then to realize how easily we switch it, abandoning something that was so important until the day before and embracing something else which becomes our priority.
Priorities, that's what's all about, and not only the ones we are being given but much more the ones we give to ourselves.

Anyways, no matter how many different things we might be likely to try and embrace (I personally think that that's a very good way of living fully, or at least having the feeling you are living fully…), there's some things that remain of great importance for us.
My blog, this platform that I've been updating now for three years and which went through phases just as my own life did, it's something that strangely remained of great importance for me and that's why I always find a great pleasure in having a bit of extra time to actually sit down and write down my feelings along with showing my readers what I do and what I happen to love.

Today, I want to share with you something you might have already heard of: I hope so!
It's music video.
The band it was shot for is called Red Queen Contest and they just launched their last single.
The song is One & The Same and I still find it pretty catchy despite having listened to it for about 10.000 times at the minute.
The reason why I've listened to it so much, apart from the fact that I happen to really like it, is because I was present on the day when the video was shot.
In fact, my lovely friends and very talented dancers Alex Lemoss and Caitriona Brocklebank , who I've been working (and having fun) with many times before, as my most attentive readers might remember, got engaged to produce a choreography for the song and dance it for the video, shot by Irish Video Maker Aidan Farrelly.

When they told me about it, I immediately wanted to take part to the rehearsal.
Alex, along with Caitirona's help and teaching skills, put together an amazing choreography in the space of a week and I fell in love with it so badly that I expressed the desire of going there with them on the day of the shooting for the video in order to take some photographs and just watch them dancing, something I've always enjoyed doing so much.

So that was it: on a very dull and extremely cold morning of March in Dublin, we got into Caitriona's car and we drove until outside the city: destination a very hidden dance studio, which couldn't in fact be more hidden as it was inside of a farm…
The day went along with them dancing for the camera non stop and me taking pictures of them and of Aidan shooting them non stop.
The photographs made me so happy that I ended up exposing them at my Final Show in college (no worries, updates coming up on that…).

But right now, let's all have a look at the video and listen to the song!
I'm pretty sure many of you are going to have it among your favorites on YouTube… ;)



More updates coming!
Stay tuned,




No comments:

Post a Comment