Follow by Email

Sunday, 9 March 2014

Flash (back) Dance

Good morning everyone!

Happy Sunday, today I woke up bright and early to an amazing sun and blue sky.
Suddenly spring happened in Dublin and everything looks so much nicer and easier
walking in the streets with just a jacket and moccasins with no socks, feeling a bit of sun on the skin and realising the days are getting longer and longer.

Isn't spring the most amazing period of the year? 
It makes me feel happy just thinking of the summer coming up and with so many exciting projects approaching as well I know these months that separate me from it are going to fly away so fast.

Next week is already St. Paddy's day, then I will be off to Paris for five days to shoot my second video documentary (I will keep you posted on that ;) ) and then to Connemara to shoot an editorial for Flawless magazine which I've been planning n the last few days and which I hope it's going to be even half fabulous that i am imagining it to be… 

But today! 
I am so excited about it and that's probably why I woke up even earlier than usual…
In fact, my lovely friends and dancers Alex and Caitriona are recording a music video for this band from Dublin and they invited me to attend the recording.
A couple of days ago I went to their rehearsal in this gorgeous dance studio in the North of Dublin and it was fantastic to be there with them and seeing them dancing again.



Some of you might remember when last year I made Alex the protagonist of my very first video documentary and Caitriona was so helpful and she came over for some scenes we shot in the dance studio close to the O2 arena here in Dublin.
Despite the snow storm that happened that time, which was so not springy, shooting them was an incredible experience.







I realised how much I missed watching at them dancing when two days ago I was in the studio with them again.
This time my friend Clemente was there too and we had so much fun giving our opinion to Alex and Caitrona about the choreography and participating even if in a tiny way to the process…



It was so emotional for me to see them together working at another project and creating a whole new choreography which was just perfect for the song they will do the video for.
Here I am showing you some snaps of their rehearsal and I will keep you posted about the actual backstage of the video.
I will bring my proper camera and hopefully I will be able to take some good backstage pics for my final project in college…







Until now I was feeling so unsure about it, almost lost as if I was not fully convinced about my ideas, which is so important for me, but now I know what was missing until now: I was missing my muse!
And now I found it back, two of them, and suddenly I have so many ideas I am falling in love with.




We will see, I cannot wait!
You might not be as excited as I am but still… stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment