Follow by Email

Tuesday, 25 February 2014

White wine and zebra


When celebrity photographer Nicky Johnston asked me to join him in his house in Clapton for out interview for Flawless magazine I really wished to know where Clapton was…

Instead, I had never heard about that area of London and when having lunch with Fran she told me that she herself never ever went there before, I started to wonder what would have happened.
But after finding my way to Perou's Bow Bunker back in November I was pretty sure it couldn't have been worse or more hidden than that… would it?

So after having coffee with Luke I went to Liverpool street station to get a train (not the tube, I mean a proper train) to Clapton.
Once I got there I was nicely impressed by the area: very quiet but not dead, beautiful houses and the feeling of being in a very well preserved village where people go to take a brake from the chaos that permeates London.

But when Nicky greeted me at the door, holding a glass of wine and wearing a chilled pair of blue jeans and no shoes, I immediately felt great: I knew it was going to be a wonderful evening, the one I was going to spend with him.
And that's exactly what happened: I had a marvelous time!

Since I began interviewing people for my job at Flawless , this was definitely the best one I've had. Everything just floated and we started chatting and the chat became an interview and the interview became a mini tour of Nicky beautiful house as he showed me the back yard and the dining room and the gorgeous living room where a full zebra skin was ling on the ground as a carpet.
I almost couldn't believe he had one as it has been my dream to have one in my house since I was a kid.
I'm pretty sure I tried to convince my mom to get one when we moved out when I was 17, it didn't happen indeed.

Chatting with Nicky was a wonderful experience just because I happened to be a wonderful person and I really cannot wait to have a chance to meet him again, in front of another glass of white wine and just share something about our mutual passion and plans for future collaborations.

(Nicky Johnston and I in his house in Clapton)

No comments:

Post a Comment