Follow by Email

Saturday, 22 June 2013

Monica's fashion garden

Hello everybody!

I know I know...
Here I am back to the summer mood when the holiday time takes over and travelling keeps me away from you and from my beloved blog...

BUT now that I am back from my Turkish trip, about which I will update you very very soon, I am more than ready to share with you some of the wonderful things I am experiencing these days in Italy.
I must say, this time when back at home I really re evaluated my town and how living there is: so beautiful!
Especially if you go there on holiday or during the "good season" as I chose to do...




Anyway, yesterday right after my journey back from Izmir during which all the possible things happened to my friend Camilla and me and which lasted for one day: first plane to Istanbul, then coach to Milan and train until home, my mum came to collect us at the airport and she just gave me time for a very (VERY) fast refresh (I basically just brushed my teethes) because we had to go to her friend Monica's house.

This lovely and beautiful woman Monica Catanea (monica.catanea@libero.it) in fact invented something which is such a great idea and which despite being very simple was never done before:
a fashion showcase with vintage clothing and art displayed in the garden and in the living room of her beautiful house.

She for sure has the right contacts: Caterina Frizzi (frizzicaterina@gmail.com), Daniela Assenza (assenzadaniela@gmail.com) and Marina Rebonato (marinarebonato@libero.it) all providing wonderful pieces of fashion whose research became a real job for them...

Amazing shoes...




Bags...







Dresses...




Which were hanged all around and became a sort of very funny decorations for trees and furnitures of the house...




But also Carlotta Castelletti, visual artist whose paintings inspired to the Indian designs and color choice I really liked a lot (carlottacastelletti@libero.it, www.carlottacastelletti.it)




and Emy Carraro, whose jewels are probably my favorite ever.




She has such a great taste and her shop which is in the city centre provides the perfect place where to find a lovely present for a friend or something to treat yourself...with a very wide range of prices allowing everyone to find the perfect piece and decide how to treat our wallet as well!




Emy was also telling me about another very interesting idea she has recently developed:
she is in fact taking advantage of her grate talent as a painter in order to modify shoes (mostly Converse All Star) and bags by painting on them.




She likes to reproduce details taken from Klimt's paintings and that's why I completely fall in love with them as Klimt is my favorite painter ever.




But she also makes whatever the clients asks and she showed me some pictures on her phone of shoes and bags she has made on very very random requests...all of them and gorgeous despite being sometimes unusual indeed.




Because I was so curious to see them, today I popped with my sister in her shop and I took some snaps of her Converse with Klimt's designs... they are all amazing!

Monica provided an amazing evening... 




I had the chance to try on an absolutely fantastic corset by Blumarine made of silk and adorned with pearls and sparkles




 and mum and I went crazy with shopping as the prices of the pieces on sell were extremely good, even if they were all absolute couture and most were made in Italy.
Mum got a super soft Cavalli shirt made of golden silk and my new Fendi bag is going to be my absolute favorite for a long time I am sure...




So here I am, back in the Italian life where everything around is beautiful, the city, the people, the clothes, and where you can hang a Dior bag up on a tree without wondering about the weather or anything...





Not too bad I have to say! Especially for the fact that these talented and inventive women are finding new ways to show their capacities and, why not, gather some people who appreciate them together for some fun time looking at great art...
And I really hope you'll get a piece of that by reading the posts I am about to publish...

Because of that: stay tuned!

Love you all!





No comments:

Post a Comment