Follow by Email

Tuesday, 9 April 2013

Like a HERO...

Hello everyone!

After coming back to my routine in Dublin and having to face assignments and projects because of the end of the term which is approaching way too fast I had another little breathing moment of pure fun, provided from my sister who spent the last week end here with me!

It was so good to have her around, and even if it was not the first time she came to Dublin, sometimes I felt almost surreal looking at her in the places where I usually go where I am her and not home...

We had a great time, indeed, also because of the sun which shined all the day every day when she was here... I seriously thought she might have brought it from Italy with her...

Because she stayed just a couple of day it was super intense, and the only moment of the day and night we didn't spend together was when I was working on Saturday, even if she came to the shop to try on half of the stuff and, of course, get her birthday present.

I must say, I am very sad she left, I would have liked her to stay MUCH longer, but for the first time I thanked my business for keeping my mind busy...
As you can imagine, didn't have a moment to post with all this going on, especially yesterday when I actually wanted to but I got stuck in the library for 6 hours (no, I'm not being a drama queen this time: its' true!) to try finish an assignment which I will always remember as the worst one I have ever had to do (yes, this is a little dramatic...).

But today, or I should say tonight, I so want to show you something I did quite a while ago, right before leaving for Rome.

As I told you before, I am shooting my documentary for the class of Video Production at the moment, and you must know it's going to be a profile-style documentary on an amazing person who got my attention and made me curious about him to the point that he became my protagonist: Alex, my dance teacher and professional dancer as well...

I will show you the documentary when it's gonna be finish (which will be soon...), while today I'm showing you some pictures we take during a photo shoot I made with him on the same day we recorder the interview for the video.

We were in the photographic studio, because I wanted it to be nice looking and a little dramatic, almost using a stenographic light which should have remembered about a stage...

But after that, as the studio was booked for three hours, of course I grabbed my favourite Nikon, the D300 and started taking pictures of him.

For some of them I tried to go a little more far with the concept of stage light I wanted to use for the video.
My first idea was to create drama, a performance, which came out so well as Alex is also an actor and he studied performing in The College of Dance...
But to be honest, editing the best pictures of that series, they reminded me so much about another kind of drama from the one we usually see on the stage.
Something more similar to a Greek tragedy, full of emotions and expressivity...

Some kind of mythological drama, where the hero who is the protagonist express his feelings.



Most people know about the heroes of the Greek mythology such as Hercules or Prometheus or Ulysses... they know that they were strong, 



they had to face impossible challenges 



and they were more courageous than every one else...



But what people don't know about them is that they were also total drama queens



which is probably one of the reasons why I enjoyed so much reading about them while studying Ancient Greek literature in high school...



Oh yes, they had the strongest emotions ever, and they for sure were not scared or embarrassed to express them...



...they cried as well...


...a lot



That's maybe why Alex's incredibly expressive face, with the right lightning and his body gave me the feeling while `i was editing the best pictures of the series to be in front of a hero, facing a victory or a defeat, gathering his strength to succeed 




praying to the Gods who were looking at him for the best of luck...



What do you think?

Do you like my new muse?

Don't worry, this is not the last thing you'll see featuring him...

Stay tuned!




No comments:

Post a Comment