Follow by Email

Monday, 25 February 2013

Sunday with Campo Marzio...

Good morning to all of my beloved readers! 

Even if it's quite hard to believe, here we go with another Monday...

If I look back at one month ago I still cannot believe how many things happened and how fast.
It seems yesterday when I booked the flights for London and now here I am already a week after my trip there.

Everything is coming up at the same time and I am filled with deadlines at the moment, but as you know that doesn't discourage me from taking part to every possible thing I could be involved in...

That's why today I am here to show you a preview of the last shooting by the Sami and Karen team.







Zainab, 

(Zainab and me)

the lovely lady I have already introduced to you when I went to her fashion even earlier in December, is just back from a long trip all around Italy (my lovely home town included!) and she has brought some new fresh contacts and brand she is going to promote in Ireland.

One of there is the Roman based leather brand Campo Marzio, whose bags and purses Sami and Karen have been shooting yesterday.
The brand as I said is Italian, originally based in Rome, but is now spreading all over the world in Dubai, Paris, London and with Zainab's help is for sure going to take over Ireland very soon...



The shooting was focused on a very strong concept that Sami has been thinking about for quite a while now: using the shape of the beautiful model 





which was posing alone for this, carrying various purses, and then make it quite dark in the final picture while highlighting the bags and their colours in order to make them stand out because of their colour.
That made a lot of sense and I thought it was very appropriate as one of the main features of this leather brand is colour:



The matches were very nice and somehow different from the other similar brands I've seen before, especially in Italy.
Back home there are many leather brands like this, which are usually famous for their extremely good quality as the leather is so smooth you could easily make a pillow with it, but also extremely high prices, which make them great for really big presents and very few other occasions.



But when I asked Zainab to tell me something about Campo Marzio, assuming that it belonged to a typology of brand I was pretty much aware of, she surprised me by explaining me a complete different concept: the aim would be to keep the quality level high, which is assured by the Made in Italy, but bringing the price down to a much more affordable average, so that they could reach a wider range of costumers, who could enjoy a nice leather computer bag instead of the plastic stuff we all carry around nowadays...

I thought it was absolutely brilliant, because I am sure that if the prices were just a little lower, many people would choose and prefer the quality of one of these leather brands to many other alternatives...


The shooting was super fun, as usual...

Usually, in every shooting there are strengths and weakens.
This time, the strongest points were for sure some of the beautiful dresses provided from Zainab 





who definitely has a sixth sense for finding vintage clothes or incredibly beautiful gowns, such as the Spanish inspired long black dress I completely fell in love with and which they matched with some of the black leather purses during the shoot




Another strong point to reinforce the looks were the accessories, such as the green ring which Zainab matched with the green leather bag... it was just perfect and I cannot wait to see how it's going to look int he final pictures!


Apart from that, someone who really inspired me yesterday was the make up artist charged of the shooting.
Her name is Sandra Rakasova and she works as a free lance not only for fashion but also for movies and theatre.
She is so brilliant, not only she made me understand one more time how difficult it is to make a good make up, but she showed me some pictures of her work and I was so surprised of what she is able to do...

(Sandra Rakasova at work)

Not only the amazing creative make ups she does with stones of different colours and crazy shapes, 
but also special effects and movie make up...



So, both if you are indecise what to do next Halloween or if you need a very good professional make up for a special event, just give her a call and she will have you sorted...
Meanwhile, take a look at her website over here:


It's so good!

So basically, it was another really nice Sunday of shooting, and even if I wasn't able to join the time long this time because of the flu which is still trapping me, it was so worth to pop by and take a look at it, as usual...

(Zainab and Wissam, heads of Scarlet-4-Fashion and me)



Good job team!
See you all very soon for the next photo shoot! :)

(Sami, Zainab and me)


xoxo











No comments:

Post a Comment