Follow by Email

Wednesday, 20 February 2013

Some niceness in London...

Good morning everyone!

I hope you all had a nice week end...
The reason why you haven't heard from me in a while is because I've been away for some days.
Yes, you got me, I went to London again...



And I must say, even if I'm going there much more than I actually would imagine I'd ever have... 




every time that I come back I feel like I like it a little more.



Still, coming back to Dublin and being welcomed by the sun warmed up my heart a lot, but the great times I had during the week end did it even more...

This time I also had a lot of time just to look around myself and take pictures, also because my lovely buddy Fran brought me to some very nice spots... she has also been my model for the entire week end and later on I am going to show you some portraits even if I am still uncertain about what exactly I am going to do with them...

Let's start with a little bit of Hyde Park at sunset, the light was just unbelievably beautiful! 




Walking across and close to the water and just talk and talk a lot made us feel like we were actually far from the city, in another dimension which was peaceful and romantic, even if the tall buildings appearing here and there over the trees reminded us that London was still there, with his life and its chaos...
There but outside...





Every time I think about life in London, I end up asking myself how would it be to be constantly surrounded by all of that.
All these people, all these realities happening around you without you knowing about them.
People being happy, suffering, struggling or enjoying their lives all at the same times.

The city can really take away a lot from you, it can drain energy out of you juts because of the time it takes to go meeting a friend in another part of the city from the one you are.
Just because of the time it takes you to go home when you really feel like going home...

It's incredibly exciting in a way, very scary from another point of view, especially for the ones who are not used to the city and tend to over think it.
You don't have to.
It's all about being into it but creating your dimension at the same time.
A quiet place inside of yourself where to gather when it gets too much.
It can be a coffee shop where to sit with a book, or even the middle of Oxford street, as you reach the point when it doesn't really matter how many people are around you...




It can be a window which looks over Baker Street, and makes you feel like London was still that old and cold town we sometimes see in old fashioned movies...



...or maybe a bench in the middle of the park.

(Fran and I at Hyde Park)


Happy Wednesday everybody!
Stay tuned...

xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment