Follow by Email

Saturday, 3 November 2012

ALL MY FRIENDS ARE AMAZING (GHOSTS)....

I know, I know...

...the title of this post could sound a little creepy, especially from the ones among you my beloved readers who are still trying to recover from Halloween's jokes.

But this title is actually telling you a lot about what I'm gonna share with you today.

I've already been telling you about my very talented friend, Emily, as I dedicated a post to her videos some weeks ago...

...she is actually one of the most creative people I've ever met in my entire life, and because of that, as all the artist, she is a little crazy;




but most of all she has the craziest and funniest ideas for project, like the one she proposed me to do together last week: a photo shoot as ghosts.



Very simple: a small studio with white background, some white fabrics in which we cut holes for our eyes,



 a Nikon camera and a lot (trust me...A LOT) of balloons.



Someone says that the simplest ideas are the best ones, that you don't need a lot to create something beautiful, and that good friends are better than any other working partner...



Well, we all experimented that during this shoot, where Nana and I acted like ghosts having such a great time dancing, jumping around and hitting each other with the balloons, feeling like the protagonists of a cartoon or a comic, while Emily was taking pictures of us.

Then, we started to play with the roles and Emily tried what it means to be a ghost for a while (you wouldn't tell, but these holes for the eyes are so small!) and I was taking pictures of her.



Finally, we were just laughing so much and messing around after we found an old radio in the studio and we made it the protagonist of another series of shoots which ended up being very cool as well, even if we hadn't planned to take them...

...basically, it was as amazing as only doing what you love with people you love can be...

But the best surprise arrived today, two days after the shoot, when Nana and I realised that Emily was actually recording everything, and that she has been making a video out of our funny morning.

When she showed it to me I didn't know if I was crying or laughing or jumping, screaming, running all around my room...

...maybe all at the same time actually!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_o8gwpKbYvU&feature=youtu.be&continue_action=6h13i2cQjyyCK2uxYN_OKZYpVUCUV6ZWF28uvoHHXsf9eBe1a71G23cc5YAht171J43e31qUFtG6JyDnvN5EyfYEEEGVkwITaDA0rEqfpOs=

What can I say... I LOVE YOU DUDES, YOU ARE AMAZING! <3


xo

2 comments:

  1. Carlotta..I didn't realise you were still keeping a blog! Ah I have to follow you! Great Job :)

    Lauren x

    http://indecisiveandgettingsomewhere.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren!! Yep I'm actually having so much fun around here so... stay tuned! ;)

    Thank you!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete